Since 2007, REACH-A-Child has been providing children’s books and backpacks to First Responders across Wisconsin. Those professionals use these resources to comfort children they encounter in crisis situations, helping them to distract the child from the immediate trauma. All books and backpacks are provided at no cost to the First Responders, thanks to generous community partners and funds raised through a variety of events during the year. We are seeking a part-time Program and Outreach intern to expand awareness of the organization in communities across our footprint (currently the state of Wisconsin). This individual will also coordinate administrative projects and assist with event planning and execution.
THE PROGRAM & OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
This internship is available for the Spring of 2018 (January–May) and Summer of 2018 (May-August). It requires a commitment of a minimum of 10 hours a week, with preference given to candidates who can commit to regular, three-hour minimum shifts. This is an unpaid or for-credit internship.
The Program and Outreach intern will provide logistic and administrative support for upcoming REACH events and programs including but not limited to:
• In concert with staff and interns, identify First Responder Departments and community partners interested in the REACH BAG program.
• Assist in the planning, organization, and preparation for REACH programs and events.
• Assist in coordination of presentations, speaker resources and vendor needs.
• Contribute to outcome documents, including thank you notes, reports, and summary analyses.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
• Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Experience with event planning/corporate communications.
• Professional image, positive attitude, a desire to work with a team.
• An interest in supporting First Responders and the children they serve.
Work Environment & Hours
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Must have a flexible schedule and work evening and/or weekend events as needed
• This position is unpaid or for-credit. We are happy to work with you and your academic advisor to set up any class-credit arrangements.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Access to a laptop to use for work.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1st, 2018 (Spring) or April 1, 2018 (Summer). Kindly include “Program and Outreach Internship” in the subject header.