As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI we are committed to exceeding our client’s expectations. We are looking for superstar drafter who has first and foremost the ability and desire to take ownership over projects, to the extent possible, leading them to success while working as part of a diverse team. Currently we are seeking a part-time or full-time drafter to assist in preparing drawings and other visual communications for various construction and building design aspects.
You will be tasked with preparing AutoCAD and Revit construction documents from redline drawings under the supervision of the Project Engineer. As part of the position you are expected to grow and learn about the building and construction industry and projects providing increasing value to the projects by taking on more responsibility during the creation of construction documentation.
- Assisting in creating and managing structural and architectural construction documents
- Assisting in creating, managing, and growing a library of design details and Revit families for various types of projects
- Assisting in creating, managing, and maintaining CAD and Revit companywide drafting standards
- Updating construction documents to reflect needed changes supplied by supervising engineers
- Thinking through constructability issues and bringing concerns to the Project Engineer.
- Attention to detail and organized
- Beginner knowledge in AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, and Revit, with a desire to become an Expert
- Desire to create programming scripts in AutoCAD and Revit to create efficiencies and custom features for the drafting team
- Working towards completing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting, Engineering, Architectural Design, or related field.