Since 2007, REACH-A-Child has been providing children’s books and backpacks to First Responders across Wisconsin. Those professionals use these resources to comfort children they encounter in crisis situations, helping them to distract the child from the immediate trauma. All books and backpacks are provided at no cost to the First Responders, thanks to generous community partners and funds raised through a variety of events during the year. We are seeking a part-time graphic design intern to support staff in developing high-quality collateral materials for the
organization. You will help us to ensure that our communications to First Responders, volunteers and the general public are consistent with our brand positioning. The position offers a unique opportunity to build your portfolio while gaining valuable, hands-on design experience.
THE GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERNSHIP
This internship is available for the Spring of 2018 (January–May) and Summer of 2018 (May-August). The position requires a commitment of a 10-12 hours a week, with preference given to candidates who can commit to regular, three-hour minimum shifts. This is an unpaid or for-credit internship. Candidates should work with their academic advisor to set up any class-credit arrangements.
• Assist with marketing, branding and event planning through idea contribution, organization, and graphic design
• Create presentations, stationery, brochures, and additional marketing materials
• Assist with email marketing through campaign development, content and graphic design
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
• Strong understanding of the principles and practices of design
• Experience in Adobe Design Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Publisher
• Professional Image, positive attitude, a desire to work with a team and an eagerness to learn
• Strong organization and communication skills
• At least two years of undergrad experience in Graphic Design
• An interest in supporting First Responders and Children-In-Crisis
Work Environment & Hours
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Three-hour minimum work shifts in morning or afternoon.
• Must be flexible and may be asked to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as requested.
• This position is unpaid or for-credit. We are happy to work with you and your academic advisor to set up any class-credit arrangements.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Access to laptop with Adobe programs and other relevant programs.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com by January 1, 2018 (Spring) or April 1, 2018 (Summer). Please include “Graphic Design Internship” in the subject header and include 3-5 work samples which showcase your design work.