Neckerman Insurance Services is the longest-standing independent insurance agency in Madison, having been founded in 1914. We partner with a number of high-quality insurance carriers to provide personal, business and life insurance. The sole purpose of our agency is to provide educated advice and prompt service to our clients. Our tagline is Insuring Your Success. It is truly our belief and desire to do all we can to help our clients succeed in all they do.
Summary of Position
We are currently seeking an ambitious, self-starter who is detail oriented to add to our Commercial Lines department. This is an entry-level position whose primary focus will be providing department and agency support by processing third party requests for our customer’s insurance information, corresponding with customers and insurance carriers on a variety of miscellaneous issues, and providing general assistance to Commercial Account Managers. To perform all the duties of this position, the Assistant Account Manager must eventually earn a Property and Casualty Insurance License. The Commercial Lines Assistant Account Manager is an integral link in the business relationship that is created by our agency, our clients, our companies.
As a Neckerman Insurance employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a positive and success-driven, professional working environment.
- Participate in basic client services such as issuing certificates of insurance, evidence of property coverage and auto ID cards.
- Assist account managers and sales team with policy administration, renewal preparation and preparing proposals.
- Process various documents such as policies, audits, cancellations, and reinstatements.
- Follow-up with insurance carriers on policy endorsements and renewals.
- Processing vehicle and additional interest policy change requests.
- Send renewal emails to Commercial Lines clients 90 days prior to renewal.
- Claim follow-ups with clients.
- Maintain client information in the agency management system and update reports.
- Serve as backup for the reception desk.
- Perform other tasks or projects as needed/assigned by agency management.
- Insurance experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and ability to learn new databases and systems quickly.
- Enthusiastic, professional and organized.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, insurance carrier representatives, and customers
- College degree.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Profit sharing 401(k) plan
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Flexible benefit plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and license reimbursement