Since 2007, REACH-A-Child has been providing children’s books and backpacks to First Responders across Wisconsin. Those professionals use these resources to comfort children they encounter in crisis situations, helping them to distract the child from the immediate trauma. All books and backpacks are provided at no cost to the First Responders, thanks to generous community partners and funds raised through a variety of events during the year. We are seeking a part-time marketing intern to support staff in developing high-quality marketing strategies and plans to foster the organization’s mission. The position offers a unique opportunity to build your portfolio while gaining valuable, hands-on design experience.
THE MARKETING INTERNSHIP
This internship is available for the Spring of 2018 (January-May) and the Summer of 2018 (May-August). It requires a commitment of a minimum of 10 hours a week, with preference given to candidates who can commit to regular, three-hour minimum shifts. This is an unpaid or for-credit internship.
• Assist with marketing, branding and event planning through idea contribution, organization, record keeping and on-site marketing.
• Assist with events through setup, marketing implementation, and relationship building.
• Assemble and design reports by compiling, consolidating, and summarizing information, graphs and tables.
• Create presentations, stationery, brochures, and additional marketing materials.
• Assist with email marketing through campaign development and content.
• Assist with social media content as needed.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
• Marketing or other business-related education or experience.
• Skilled Microsoft Office and Google Docs user
• Professional image, positive attitude, a desire to work with a team and an eagerness to learn.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• An interest in supporting First Responders and the children they encounter.
Work Environment and Hours
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Three-hour minimum work shifts in morning or afternoon.
• Must be flexible and may be asked to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as requested.
• This position is unpaid or for-credit. We are happy to work with you and your academic advisor to set up any class-credit arrangements.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Access to a laptop to use for work.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 1st, 2018 (Spring) or April 1, 2018 (Summer). Kindly include “Marketing Internship” in the subject header.