Since 2007, REACH-A-Child has been providing children’s books and backpacks to First Responders across Wisconsin. Those professionals use these resources to comfort children they encounter in crisis situations, helping them to distract the child from the immediate trauma. All books and backpacks are provided at no cost to the First Responders, thanks to generous community partners and funds raised through a variety of events during the year. We are seeking a Social Media specialist to attract and interact with targeted virtual communities and network users. The goal is to gradually achieve superior supporter engagement and intimacy, website traffic and donations by strategically leveraging all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.This internship is available for the Spring of 2018 (January– May) and Summer of 2018 (May-August). The position requires a commitment of a minimum of 10 hours a week, with preference given to candidates who can commit to regular, three-hour minimum shifts. This is an unpaid or for-credit
• Curate relevant content to reach the organization’s stakeholders.
• Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way, while cultivating partnerships.
• Oversee design (i.e. Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, Twitter profile, etc.).
• Become an advocate for REACH-A-Child in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business.
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) which builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
• Compile Social Media report monthly, showing trend results.
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
• Proven work experience in social media or related field.
• Excellent writing, editing (photo/video/text), and communication skills.
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
• Ability to build and maintain donor relationships, online and off.
Work Environment & Hours
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
• Three-hour minimum work shifts in morning or afternoon.
• Must be flexible and may be asked to work occasional evening and/or weekend events as requested.
• This position is unpaid or for-credit. We are happy to work with you and your academic advisor to set up any class-credit arrangements.
• Must have reliable transportation and access to a laptop/tablet/PC.
To apply, please email a letter of interests and resume to email@example.com by January 1, 2018 (Spring) or April 1, 2018 (Summer). Kindly include “Social Media Internship” in the subject header. Thank you.