We are in search of an accountant to support our team and ongoing projects within our firm. Qualified candidates should have an associate's degree and/or bachelor's degree in accounting, as well as several years of accounting software experience and exposure to payroll tax research and preparation.
The position will require the following skills/responsibilities:
• Knowledge of QuickBooks (or similar) to review and perform client bookkeeping, including bank reconciliations and journal entries
• Review and preparation of payroll, payroll tax returns, W2s, sales tax returns, and 1099s
• Review team members work and final work product for the end user
• Perform and understand research related to complex payroll and sales tax matters
• Support and assist team members in their preparation needs for payroll and sales tax
• Supervise and lead reporting process at year end
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines using time management skills
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with limited supervision
• Should have knowledge in using desktop calculators, photocopiers, scanners, Microsoft applications (Office, Excel, Word), and also be able to problem-solve
• Attendance at various networking events
• Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable in one–on-one meetings with clients (in person and via phone)
• Physical requirements - this position involves sitting for long periods, standing, manual dexterity, stooping, bending, and some lifting
This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours/week. Additional hours are necessary during the busy season (January through April). During summer months, the schedule is Monday through Thursday as our offices are closed on Fridays. This position is open in either of our 3 locations: Prairie du Sac, Johnson Creek, or Middleton.