Work for a Next Generation Accounting Firm!
Make a difference and have an impact on the lives of our clients
Director - Senior Manager-Accounting
Are you looking for a growing firm with a great team? We are a firm of more than 25 team members in a public accounting firm that allows hands on exposure to all aspects of the accounting process. Our firm is growing at a rate that qualified for the Inc. 5000 in 2020 so opportunities are available for those looking to grow personally and professionally. We have a proactive approach with our personal and business clients providing guidance throughout the year. We take pride in our thorough knowledge and connection with our clients, and have been doing so for almost 10 years. We offer a great work environment and challenging professional environment!
We are looking for an accounting professional who is seeking a firm leadership role, rather than a “traditional” Senior Manager-Director position. The successful candidate must be a bright and motivated leader with a strong background in working primarily with closely held business clients. The proven ability to hands on with all aspects of client matters including accounting, tax and consulting is required.
We do not do any audit, review or compliance work that requires independence with the firms’ clients. We are truly our clients most trusted advisor.
Description of Duties
This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced manager to be thrust into our practice of outsourced cloud based accounting as the client’s primary contact. Key responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding and assisting clients with growth strategies
- Review of business and business owner’s individual income tax returns
- Proactively provide recommendations for business and process improvements based on knowledge gained relative to our client’s operations, processes and business objectives
- Training of personnel in general business areas, new developments and analytical approaches and techniques
- Work with internal tax department on issues and complex matters.
- Working and meeting with firm BOSS (Back Office Support) team members to build relationships and provide superior client service
- Actively market to existing and new clients and community referral sources
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field required
- CPA certification required
- 10+ years of experience in a public accounting or consulting firm
- Income tax knowledge and project management experience
- Team leader who enjoys working with a team and mentoring staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork
Work Life Balance
Berndt CPA provides team members the ability to be both professional challenged with the time year round to be personally involved with family and friends.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements.
Be sure to reference the position in the subject section of the email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer