You will work closely with partners in our Madison office to help support our clients, and identify and seize new business opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all facets of planning, compliance, research, and individual and business consulting of our diverse and growing practice. This position provides excellent opportunities for advancement. We have amazing clients, amazing staff, and only want to hire other pretty amazing people. Why not join a CPA firm where you can enjoy a long career in public accounting?
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare and review business (including 1120, 1120S and 1065) and individual income tax returns to satisfy compliance requirements and support effective business planning.
- Prepare and review timely and accurate financial statements to enable effective, timely and informed decision-making.
- Provide clients with QuickBooks consulting.
- Prepare and review quarterly and year-end tax reports (including 940, 941, 1099, W-2, W-3).
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits.
- Conduct tax research using Checkpoint and Intelliconnect research tools and convey information to clients.
- Mentor and train entry-level staff and interns by providing guidance and serving as a professional role model.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years previous tax preparation experience.
- Must be CPA eligible.
- CPA certification is recommended, but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent team skills, positive attitude, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Commitment to quality and timely completion of work.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and various tax and accounting software including CCH products, QuickBooks products, and research tools.