Johnson Block and Company has exciting internship opportunities available in Madison, WI starting January 2022 through May. We are seeking team members who pride themselves on quality work. We work hard in service to the company and our clients while allowing ourselves to live balanced, well-rounded lives. Why not join a CPA firm where you can enjoy a long career in public accounting?
As an Intern you will:
Gain hands-on experience in either tax or audit or sometimes both.
Participate in intern orientation and training to help get you the technical training needed to start contributing immediately.
On-the-job training and experience working with clients - you'll put what you learned in classes to use!
Have the opportunity to work with staff from Senior Accountants all the way up to Partners and learn directly from them.
Demonstrate your work ethic, knowledge and interest joining Johnson Block full-time.
Audit Position Description:
You’ll assist and provide auditing services to clients with a primary focus on gaining exposure to nonprofits and local governments. You will utilize your accounting education to assist in processing audits and reviews while providing support to other employees.
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Assist with the detail work of audits and reviews for clients.
• Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated efforts, fraud or non-compliance with laws and regulations.
• Prepare individual and business income tax returns.
• Conduct research and convey information to supervisor.
• Support multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to senior staff.
• Gain experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
• Expand knowledge through exposure to peers and clients.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Experience:
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Achieving credits to sit for the CPA exam.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
• Commitment to quality and the timely completion of work.
• Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and research tools.
About our Firm:
Johnson Block and Company performs a wide range of services for its clients. These include auditing for local governments and nonprofit organizations, accounting services, financial statement preparation, tax planning and preparation, computer system planning and other business consulting.
Johnson Block and Company offers a challenging, flexible and balanced work environment. We offer paid internships and are willing to work with you and your schedule. Our goal is to begin a working relationship as a potential future employee since many of our interns are now full-time staff at Johnson Block and Company.