Work for a Next Generation Accounting Firm!
Make a difference and have an impact on the lives of our clients
Are you looking for a growing firm with a great team? We are a firm of more than 25 team members in a public accounting firm that allows hands on exposure to all aspects of the accounting process. Our firm is growing at a rate that qualified the firm for the Inc. 5000 in 2020 so opportunities are available for those looking to grow personally and professionally. We have a proactive approach with our personal and business clients providing guidance throughout the year. We take pride in our thorough knowledge and connection with our clients, and have been doing so for almost 10 years. We offer a great work environment and challenging professional environment!
We have team members that enjoy working together and with our clients in a collaborative environment. We would like to know how we can help you realize more than you think is possible.
We do not do any audit, review or compliance work that requires independence with the firms’ clients. We are truly our clients most trusted advisor.
BOSS (Back Office Support System)-a full –service outsourced cloud based accounting solution for small business clients.
- Will work with many of the firm’s clients in an outsourced controller role with a complete cloud accounting system
- Will assist clients and prospects with Quickbooks as primary business reporting technology.
- Develop a strong, productive, professional, trusted advisor relationship with assigned clients
- Partner with clients by understanding their business and industry and providing ongoing advice, insights and support
- Budgeting & forecasting, cash flow and other strategic planning with the client
- Preparation of and monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Prepares federal and state income tax returns for individuals & businesses
- Will work with OCR software streamlining individual tax preparation within office
Interpersonal / Client Development Skills
- Exhibits time management and organization skills
- Develops entrepreneurial approach to client service and good working relationships with client personnel
- Builds new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts
- Develops means of communication to clients and persons responsible for maintaining relationship with clients
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations
- Understands firm ethics and demonstrates them consistently
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related program.
- CPA license or CPA eligible.
- Prior experience (0-3 years) experience in private/public accounting
- Strong technology skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook at a minimum, more applications preferred)
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a paperless environment strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive – ‘can do’ approach
Work Life Balance
Berndt CPA provides team members the ability to be both professional challenged with the time year round to be personally involved with family and friends.
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements.
Be sure to reference the position in the subject section of the email.
An Equal Opportunity Employer