Growth at Johnson Block and Company has created career opportunities with advancement potential. We are seeking experienced team members who pride themselves on quality work. You will work closely with partners to help support our clients, and identify and seize new business opportunities. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all facets of planning, compliance, research, and individual and business consulting of our diverse and growing practice. This position provides excellent opportunities for advancement. We have amazing clients, amazing staff, and only want to hire other pretty amazing people. Why not join a CPA firm where you can enjoy a long career in public accounting?
Major Responsibilities Include:
• Review business (including Forms 1120, 1120S and 1065) and individual income tax returns to satisfy compliance requirements and support effective business planning.
• Prepare and review financial statements to enable effective, timely and informed decision-making.
• Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits.
• Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with potential clients and sources for referrals.
• Manage monthly client billings.
• Assist in developing departmental procedures and processes.
• Mentor, motivate and train entry-level staff and interns by providing guidance and serving as a professional role model.
• Grow the firm through new business while also identifying new services for existing clients.
• Conduct tax research using Checkpoint and Intelliconnect research tools and convey information to clients.
• Represent and promote the firm at a variety of events including, but not limited to: networking events, client events and at college career fairs.
Education / Experience:
• Current CPA certification
• 5+ years previous tax preparation experience.
• Experience and knowledge of relevant federal and state tax laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of GAAP and other special purpose framework for financial statements.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent team skills, positive attitude, and high ethical standards.
• Excellent communication, organizational, and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
• Commitment to quality and timely completion of work.
• Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office and various tax and accounting software including CCH products, Creative Solutions products, and research tools.
For more information or to apply, visit www.johnsonblock.com/careers.