As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI we are committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are looking for an exceptional technical writer who has the ability and desire to take ownership over code compliance and building science research while working as part of a diverse team. Finding the right individual for this position will allow the team to expand and diversify our current product certification portfolio. If you are excited to be a part of a creative, innovative technical team while taking ownership over technical writing, code compliance, and building science considerations, this position is for you.
Based on your skill set and experience level, you will be in charge of:
- Researching building science issues and providing analysis and support to a variety of clients and projects.
- Building code research for product development and building design projects.
- Cross-examining test data (e.g., ASTM, UL) and building code (e.g., IBC, IRC, FBC) for sufficient evidence of compliance.
- Providing oversight and support for client quality control systems while interacting closely with inspection agencies.
- Draft and edit code compliant Technical Evaluation Reports in accordance with standardized templates within a specified scope of work.
- Review and develop design details and installation instructions for proper use and installation of various building materials and products.
- Communicate with clients to obtain the appropriate data and quality control documentation.
- Review and provide feedback on client quality assurance systems.
- Summarize and document how data and references are used and any judgments made with respect to the data.
- Administer the quality control program and be accountable for maintenance of ISO/IEC 17065 accreditation within your area of responsibility.
- Manage projects by:
- Working with clients and owners to understand needs and expectations,
- Interacting with design professionals and building officials,
- Maintaining project schedules for clients and other team members, and
- Communicating with a variety of team members to ensure documents are complete and accurate.
- Experience with building science or construction industry backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Engineering, Architecture, or related field with exceptional technical writing ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective delegation, management, and ability to monitor numerous tasks concurrently.
- Good judgment in investigating problems and making decisions.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A minimum of five (5) years operational experience in a related industry is desired.