As a diverse engineering company in Madison, WI we are committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations. We are looking for an exceptional manager who has the ability and desire to take ownership and control over code compliance and building science research documentation. If you are excited to develop documentation processes, procedures, and operations, this position is for you.
Based on your skill set and experience level, you will be in charge of:
- Reviewing quality control and quality assurance documentation for completeness.
- Contacting clients to obtain needed documentation for review.
- Researching product construction and manufacturing methods to better understand client communication.
- Maintaining documentation in a logical, ordered, and complete filing system for archival purposes.
- Researching and documenting construction products installation techniques and issues.
- Reviewing, organizing, and filing test data during product development and evaluation phases.
- Providing oversight and support for client quality control systems while interacting closely with inspection agencies.
- Organize client documentation within a predefined system.
- Provide feedback on established systems with a goal of improving efficiency.
- Review, develop, and publish design details and installation instructions for proper use and installation of various building materials and products.
- Communicate with clients to obtain the appropriate data and quality control documentation.
- Perform detailed reviews of client provided documents for compliance.
- Develop checklists and instruction manuals for other staff members to ensure documentation is being filed correctly.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Engineering, Architecture, or related field with exceptional communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong process managerial skills.
- A desire, ability, and willingness to be a helpful team member.
- Strong ability to be flexible with types of assigned tasks.
- Construction field experience as a carpenter, laborer, builder, or related field.