Berndt CPA LLC
PAYROLL PROCESSING ASSISTANT
TITLE: Accounting Services - Payroll Processing Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time hourly with complete benefits
REPORTS TO: Kristin McDaniel-CPP, SHRM-SCP-Senior Manager Payroll & HR Services
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide payroll processing for the firms’ clients under the direct supervision of Senior Manager-Payroll & HR Services.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery and quality of payroll services to clients by analyzing, preparing, and inputting payroll data and processing payroll for multiple clients; coordinating direct deposit transmissions and electronic fund transfers and preparing manual pay checks; preparing related tax information; compliance with court orders and garnishments; developing and adhering to internal systems, policies, and procures; responding promptly and thoroughly to client and worksite employee needs; and communicating effectively.
- Provide payroll information and knowledge by responding to, researching and resolving questions and inquiries from clients and worksite employees; providing expertise of payroll system and procedures; compiling required and requested reports for budget, auditing, tax, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation, and other purposes.
- Maintain client and employee confidence and protect company operations by keeping client, employee and company information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by providing assistance with other payroll administration duties
- Prior payroll and payroll tax processing experience and knowledge, with at least two years’ experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong customer service skills.
- Ability to relate to individuals at all job levels.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively operate office equipment and computer programs.
- Must present a positive public image that enhances the client’s perception of the employee and the firm as a whole.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and webinars, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in payroll related professional organizations.
- Frequent overtime hours are required in January.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Possession of a associates degree preferably in business
- Possession of two years or more working in a business environment
- Must have a strong technology utilization background
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned task as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work effectively with staff members, clients, and vendors.
- Exceptional customer service
- Ability to prioritize & multitask
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to deal with multiple deadlines