ImpactLIfe is happy to announce our partnership with Dane County School Consortium. All high school members of the Dane County School Consortium are welcome to apply.
The Student Intern Collection Specialist is responsible for registering, obtaining vitals, and providing donor care post donation. This position is responsible for the setup of the collection operation including preparation, loading and unloading of equipment, tear down, and restocking of supplies. This position performs above duties on mobile blood drives and at donor centers.
*All interactions must adhere to ImpactLife Core Values
Primary Student Intern Collection Specialist Duties.
- Perform duties to include but not limited to operation preparation, registration, donor screening, and post donation care for donors and blood products.
- Refer donor eligibility not covered by SOP to Charge and/or Supervisor.
- Participate in validations for department.
- Responsible for always maintaining confidentiality of donor information, which includes not using donor information for personal use.
- Inspect and label blood collection containers used for daily operation.
- Assist Charge and/or Supervisor with completion and documentation of daily and weekly cleaning and quality control.
- Perform reaction prevention, observe donor for adverse reactions, and administer care with Charge supervision.
- Exhibit strong customer service skills to internal and external customers.
- Reschedule donors according to expectations set by leadership.
- Recruit donors to apheresis to optimize collection efficiencies.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and projects as needed.
- Ability to adapt to varying work conditions.
- May be assigned to mobiles or fixed sites as needed.
1. Basic Computer skills.
2. We will train in the expected duties.
** As a condition of employment, ImpactLife will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, except for those granted exemptions on medical or seriously held religious grounds.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities