ImpactLife is the exclusive provider of blood products and services to our partner hospitals in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Wisconsin. The blood center is based in Davenport, Iowa, where ImpactLife's testing, processing, and primary distribution center of blood components is located. ImpactLife is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
This is not your usual health care job; our donors are happy, healthy, and ready to roll up their sleeves to help you save lives.
As part of the Donor Services Phlebotomy team, you will be responsible for conducting donor registration, screening, physical, and phlebotomy as well as providing donor care during the donation process. This position is also responsible for driving blood center vehicles, transporting blood drive supplies and the Donor Services team, the set-up and tear down of the collection operation, and restocking of supplies.
What you should bring to the team:
- Customer service experience
- Enjoy working with the public
- Have a good, stable work history
- Understand the importance of following standard operating procedures
- Be able to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, and weekends
- Be able to train away from home for up to two weeks at a time
- Be comfortable driving larger vehicles (i.e. box-trucks)
- Be comfortable driving in various weather conditions
- Possess a valid driver's license and be insurable by our insurance carrier
- Hold or be able to obtain a DOT Medical Certification card
- Pass a pre-employment background and DOT physical and drug screen
This is a full-time position working 30-39 hours per week and requires the ability to work varied hours including days, evenings, and weekends.
What we offer
- Competitive wages
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- An excellent benefit package
- Generous paid time off program
This is not an ordinary heath care job. Our work is unique, personal, fulfilling, rewarding and making a difference right here in our communities. We offer an opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team that makes us a recognized leader in the blood center industry.
** As a condition of employment, ImpactLife will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, except for those granted exemptions on medical or seriously held religious grounds.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities