Fristam Pumps USA, a leading manufacturer of sanitary pumps and mixers for the food, dairy and pharmaceutical industries located in Middleton, is looking for a highly motivated and reliable individual to join our team as an Human Resources Generalist. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of core HR operations. The Human Resources Generalist has the opportunity to lead and support department projects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants and associates; referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of HR and Administration.
- Assist in creating and communicating HR policies, programs, and procedures as appropriate. Provide HR support to leaders on understanding HR policies and processes.
- Take ownership of recruitment for open positions and perform the full life cycle of recruiting activities including: sourcing and screening applicants, placing job ads, scheduling interviews, drafting offer letters, providing follow-through with candidates, and supporting hiring managers.
- Work with staffing agencies regarding all matters pertaining to temporary associates.
- In collaboration with hiring managers, create and update job descriptions.
- Manage associate onboarding and orientation activities; answer employee questions and provide support to managers when integrating new hires into the organization.
- Work with the Safety Committee to keep in compliance with required safety training and safety initiatives; participate as a member of the safety committee; maintain safety training records.
- Administer and communicate benefit programs, manage annual open enrollment process; conduct benefit orientations; answer associate questions; maintain benefit records and ensure accurate, up-to-date associate information.
- Administer the performance review process; provide managers with information about the process and policies; sending out monthly performance reviews reminders.
- Participate in benefit and compensation surveys.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment and benefit laws and regulations.
- Maintain digital media system for associate communications.
- Plan and coordinate company events such as company meetings, lunches, outings, and celebrations.
- In absence of the Director of HR and Administration, act as back-up for bi-weekly payroll processing.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications/Experience):
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related degree preferred
- 3+ years of related Human Resources experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- · Strong team player with the ability to balance employee advocacy with business objectives
- Ability to hold the confidence of others and maintain private, confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to take care of the employees needs while following company policy and procedures and responds and follows-up with employees in a timely manner.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and perform work accurately and thoroughly to ensure that work is documented and presented appropriately.
- Solid knowledge of employment law and other regulations impacting human resources.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office and human resource management (HRM) systems.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages and excellent benefits package
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Flexible, family-friendly work environment