Summary of PositionWe are currently seeking a full-time Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join our Personal Lines team in our Madison, WI office. As a Neckerman Insurance employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, as well as a positive and success-driven, professional working environment.
This is a sales and service position. The primary function of this position is to provide quality service to clients and cross-sell within the existing book of business. The CSR will be the day-to-day liaison between the insurance company and designated accounts. The CSR will work with Producers (Sales Agents) in handling all the inside service work associated with the client’s account.
We prefer candidates with at least two years customer service experience, particularly experience in the insurance industry. However, we are willing to make exceptions for people who can clearly demonstrate a passion for this work. We are also looking for someone who is exceptionally organized, can learn quickly and will fit in with our diverse (and, quite frankly, a bit goofy) team.
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectation.
- Respond to client inquiries/issues within the established timelines.
- Resolve/assist with any service or claims issues/questions.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with the clients as necessary.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures.
- Monitor and review client satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date record of communication with client.
- Update clients’ operations and exposures to risk, gathering needed information for the renewal process. Market renewal submission to insurance carrier to obtain the best insurance program for clients’ needs.
- Assist Producer in marketing new business opportunities to include a review of prospects’ current insurance program. Focus of review is to recognize and develop opportunities on prospects’ uninsured exposures and service needs.
- Perform other tasks or projects as needed/assigned by agency management.
- Wisconsin Property & Casualty license preferred but not required.
- In-depth knowledge of insurance industry and Property & Casualty coverages preferred but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage work load.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Profit sharing 401(k) plan
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
- Flexible benefit plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Continuing education and license reimbursement