DeWitt LLP seeks a full-time estate planning, trust and estate, and business paralegal with at least three years of law firm experience for its Madison, Wisconsin location. A DeWitt employee must be a team player, detail-oriented, have a proven work ethic, and have excellent communication skills. Savvy technical skills, professionalism, and the ability & confidence to manage the workflow from multiple attorneys will make you a well-rounded candidate.
Estate planning and trust and estate responsibilities will include:
- Collection of financial, personal, and health-related information
- Preparation of estate planning documents
- Document analysis
- Categorization and understand financial documents related to trust funding
- Understanding all facets of trust and estate administration
- Preparation of trust and estate accountings, including preparation of fiduciary tax and estate returns,
- Understanding of guardianship administration.
- Entity formations, dissolutions
- Foreign qualifications
- Issuance and transfer of stock/membership units
- Annual reporting filing
- Maintenance of corporate record books
- UCC preparation and filing
- Preparation of audit letters
- Due diligence organization
- Drafting closing documents & corporate resolutions with preparation of closing books.
- Prior law firm experience as a trust and estate and business paralegal
- Certification or Associate degree from a certified paralegal program
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task while handling a large volume of work
- Some real estate experience would be a plus.
Professionalism, communication, courtesy, and respect are the foundation of DeWitt's work environment and culture. DeWitt provides excellent pay, benefits, and a culture where people thrive. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.