ePac Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital printing, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. ePac’s mission is to provide locally-based consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly locally-based small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating natural and innovative products for their consumers. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been clear – to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Functions as a liaison for shipping / receiving with customer service, quality and production personnel. Manages the shipping process, and is responsible for the inventory management for incoming and outgoing company products and parts necessary to manufacturing of flexible packaging. .
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Keeps warehouse organized by moving products to assigned areas.
- Notifies and/or delivers incoming product to end user and delivers small parcel packages, rolls of film and boxes of finished pouches to appropriate locations.
- Ability to check in drivers for delivery of inbound loads and verify and check in drivers picking up loads.
- Unloads assigned inbound and outbound loads.
- Follows structured receiving process (labeling, weighing, inspecting for damage).
- Scans and moves rolls to appropriate location in the warehouse.
- Picks, stages, and scans orders for shipments.
- Ensures that items are picked in order they are scheduled to be shipped.
- Loads and completed load documents for scrap disposal.
- Contacts supervisor if order is not complete or not scanning correctly.
- Demonstrates appropriate respectful attitude in all dealings with coworkers, customers, and suppliers.
- Completes incoming inspection testing, confirmation of certificate of conformance and reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation.
- Completes daily receiving entries in ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Manages raw material and critical supply inventories, including maintenance and cleaning of inventory area, inventory organization and racking, inventory cycle counting and reporting, monthly inventory accounting.
- Responsible for managing all outbound shipments, including preparation of sequentially numbered paper work in software accounting system, management of packaging materials inventories, packaging of product to be shipped, and arrangement of transportation services. UPS/FedEx software is to be used effectively and understood for summary reporting on request.
- Performs general housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas; includes hands-on cleaning and maintenance along with organization and interpersonal skills to coordinate with other department and outside waste disposal vendor.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including pouch assistant, slitting, and press assistant.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Teamwork, Coordination, Organization, Planning, Time Management, Reporting Skills, Inventory Control, Documentation Skills, Data Entry Skills, Dependability.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous warehouse or shipping and receiving experience preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourages all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package that consists of the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription drug program.
- Paid vacation day and holidays
- Short term disability, long term disability and company paid life insurance plans
- 401(k) with generous company match.
ePac is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EEO Poster