Marketing and Communications Coordinator, part-time 15-30 hours/week
Do you have a passion for supporting locally owned and operated businesses? The DMBA seeks a talented and professional marketing and communications coordinator as a part-time (15-30 hours per week) independent contractor. Reporting directly to the DMBA Board President, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator manages all aspects of the organization’s promotions, membership engagement, and public relations. The essential functions for this position include managing online platforms and building relationships with members and partners to grow Downtown Middleton events, recognition, and business.
About the Downtown Middleton Business Association:
Our Mission is to join together the businesses of downtown Middleton, WI to drive awareness and traffic for the individual businesses, as well as establish Downtown Middleton as a cohesive community-friendly open air business district; and to give businesses a voice on issues that may impact them and the community.
Our Vision is to create a vibrant destination dedicated to providing experiences and building value for:
- Partner Merchants – Terrace Ave to the south, beltline to the west, University Avenue to the north, Middleton St. to the east
- Downtown Middleton Patrons – people who shop, dine and use services in Downtown Middleton
- Community – give back to our local neighbors
- Collaboration: Leverage knowledge and expertise across merchant partners; seek input and creative solutions
- Stewardship: Support neighboring businesses; share resources with the community
- Customer Service: Strive to continually up our game; respect every merchant and customer interaction
- Quality: What we do, we do well
- Management of social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) which includes writing copy, scheduling posts, creating appealing images/short videos, managing engagement and ad placement.
- Management of Downtown Middleton website (Wix) including members and events.
- Coordinate and attend monthly member meetings and monthly Board meetings including logistics, agenda, and attendance
- Create and distribute monthly newsletters to members.
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with all DMBA Members, including maintaining a current list of members, businesses, and their representatives.
- Create and maintain relationships with public media, including a contact list.
- Coordinate and support marketing and promotion of DMBA events as directed by board
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Share updates and analytics of events, social media, and newsletter open rates at monthly board meetings.
- Stay up to date on trends and make recommendations for adjustments to strategies and best practices as needed.
- Knowledge of email marketing software
- Knowledge of social media platforms such as, Facebook, Instagram, including ad management
- Knowledge of website standards, maintenance, and best practices.
- Base-level graphic design skills, using tools such as Canva.
- Project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of individuals and businesses
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, take initiative and move quickly
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing and social media best practices with a desire to learn as trends change
TO APPLY - Please fill out this brief application https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSea4bfklayyUFRGU80kyglBZOeY9bSwP8p3-AukheJeiWqHqw/viewform and any supporting documents.
- Hourly pay: $20
- Flexible hours, a minimum of 15 hours per week is needed to fulfill duties in accordance with this position
- Ability to work from home
- Fun, dynamic set of businesses and business owners
- Ability to build brand portfolio and broaden experience base
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.