ePac Flexible Packaging is a rapidly growing company with locations across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Indonesia. Built on break-through digital printing, ePac is at the crossroads of advanced technology and manufacturing. ePac’s mission is to provide locally-based consumer packaged goods companies the ability to compete with large brands with great packaging. Our customers are predominantly locally-based small and medium-sized CPGs, many of whom are focused on creating natural and innovative products for their consumers. Since opening our first manufacturing facility in 2016, our mission has been clear – to help small brands obtain big brand presence, give back to the communities we serve and contribute to the creation of a more sustainable, circular economy.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Pouch Assistant (PA) position is the first step to launching your career at ePac. This role works with the Pouch Operator to convert high quality pouches for ePac. This is a hands on opportunity and first step in becoming a Pouch Operator in the ever growing flexible packaging industry. The (PA) will peform various manual and mechanical duties to provide assistance in the set up and operation of our pouch machines.
This position is 2nd shift and will receive a $1.50 pay differential.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Pouch Operate with Pouch Machine
- Correctly set up and run machine to expedite quality and run speed
- Maintain Production standard of quality and effective run rate
- Follow established material handling procedure
- Follow all instructions on work order and S.O.P.
- Maintain Quality control check sheet, and Production and waste reports
- Check pouch quality continually during production run
- Inform Pouch Operator of any defective material, maintenance issues and safety issues
- Stage proper equipment and secondary packaging (boxes, pallets, labels, etc) necessary for production jobs based on production schedule
- Clean and maintain equipment in preparation for next production run
- Make recommendations to supervision and management for improvement of production in terms of efficiency and workflow
- Package finished product at one of several workstations as assigned
- Make packing cartons and carton labels as required by the Work Order.
- Oversee daily performance of Pouch Assistant functions
- Change rolls and cut out splices
- Quality Control checks and data entry
- Trash and trim removal
- Observe safety rules.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Could be asked to support other parts of the operations including press assistant, slitting, and lamination
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Possess and foster a positive attitude of learning and respect
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to take ownership of work and also work as part of a team
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Visual acuity to color consistency
- Manual coordination and dexterity
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Manual coordination and dexterity while utilizing hand tools, cleaning equipment
- Be able to work safely around operating machinery
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is around, moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- ePac believes in a collaborative and cross trained workforce and encourages all employees to learn all facets of production. This role will have the ability to learn and train on operational functions throughout the plants.
We offer an excellent benefit and compensation package that consists of the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription drug program.
- Paid vacation day and holidays
- Short term disability, long term disability and company paid life insurance plans
- 401(k) with generous company match.