SIGN ON BONUS
We’re looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Production Team Lead with at least 2+ years of experience in leading a team and project scheduling and skills to develop (no screen print experience necessary). This position is responsible for the day to day production within the print shop and embroidery to include effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to ensure meeting quality standards and time deadlines. Candidate will also handle incoming and outgoing shipment activities, preproduction prep, quality control and assisting in embroidery as needed. This candidate works as a team player, keeps a high level of quality and attention to detail in every single order and a positive attitude with strong customer orientation.
- Prioritize work orders based on importance, need of labor, and time frame. Monitor the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Assign work orders to each screen printer and embroiderer to ensure all work is done in specified time frames
- General daily supervision of the department and trouble shooting
- Receive verbal or written instructions from management and communicate back information as needed
- Shoot up and coat screens and reclaim as needed
- Verify accuracy on product stock, color and art design
- Pull product, sort, fold and organize orders accurately
- Ability to learn to run embroidery machine and other machinery as needed
- Monitor product standards and implementing quality-control programs. Perform quality control checks on all printed materials and follow SOP’s in order to increase customer satisfaction
- Ensure that safety guidelines are followed
- Maintain an organized and clean work area in order to efficiently produce materials
- Return and file all artwork to its designated area daily
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of products
- Perform other administrative and warehouse duties as assigned and/or assist in various departments as needed in order to meet daily business needs
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management and makes recommendations regarding how line operations can further improve to meet service, quality, safety, and productivity goals
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees as needed
- Responsible for administrative duties involving time records, general correspondence, absentee and vacation schedules, and assist in disciplinary records
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time on cement, bend, kneel, reach, twist, and frequent lifting (occasionally up to 50lbs)
- Frequent use of hands and fingers and the need to reach with hands and arms
- Ability to work in a minimal air-conditioned shop with fans in a warehouse area
- Job may involve climbing on ladders to reach higher shelf levels
- Contact with and use of inks and cleaning chemicals is required
- Ability to accurately follow standard operating procedures with minimal direction.
- Ability to lead, communicate and motivate a team of coworkers
- Ability to work with peer mangers to create a positive and collaborative environment
- Computer skills; Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and improve processes.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting and meet quality control standards established
- Strong documentation skills, accuracy and attention-to-detail necessary.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations as well as independently. Follow instructions with eagerness to learn more and be a value member
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Prefer experience in a screen-printing / embroidery production role - NOT REQUIRED
- Minimum of 2-year experience supervising/leading people and processes in a Manufacturing/production environment
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.