This position is responsible for strategic development of the Leagues Department by using business acumen, financial analysis/forecasting, and creating and reaching qualitative and financial goals consistently. This position manages all the financial strategy of the department, league administration, and the management of one direct report. This role is a leadership position and must be a driver for improvement and excellence within the company. This position requires careful attention to detail, robust multi-tasking, and the ability to set and keep deadlines consistently. This is a director-level position that will be reporting to the President.
Keva is a social and high-energy company that provides healthy and fun athletic programs for members ages 18 months through adulthood. Keva mainly focusses on bringing the community together through movement. Our Leagues Department provides opportunities for both adults and children to play and challenge themselves through competitive sports. We have leagues for a variety of sports and skill levels allowing almost everyone the opportunity to have fun, be social, and get their exercise away from the treadmill.
- Oversee the year-round operations of our team-based and competitive leagues for Adults and Youth.
- Oversee the creation of all league schedules in a timely and efficient manner while communicating the information appropriately to all departments within the company.
- Coordinate and effectively communicate scheduled member-play timeframes.
- Order and track cost of equipment and supplies.
- Book and manage short and long-term facility rentals including contract creation, policy administration, securing payments.
- Create annual budget.
- Create and meet monthly, per-session, and annual sales goals and quotas.
- Utilize various methods of communication including email, social media, direct mail,
phone and face-to-face sales and marketing methods to increase sales.
- Manage retention sales through ensuring a quality product and effective communication with current members.
- Communicate with Customer Service staff to effectively sell league programs while minimizing mistakes and miscommunication.
- Develop and delegate departmental promotions and marketing campaigns that successfully achieve sales goals. Must track and analyze costs and success metrics after the completion of campaigns to apply lessons learned moving forward.
- Oversee roster, waiver, and membership fulfillment for all teams registered at any given time. Must maintain a low error rate and delegate any necessary tasks to ensure success.
- Supervise, support, and manage your direct report. This includes training, leadership, delegation, performance reviews, career planning, scheduling and all other tasks involved in employee management.
- Screen, hire, and handle scheduling communication with all independent contractors officiating our league games.
- Process payments for 1099 independent contractors.
- Must have a four-year degree or alternative form of higher education in a related field, or at least 5 years of work experience showing success in relevant skills relating to director-level work.
- Must have 5+ years in direct sales and customer service experience, preferably in positions that had sales goals or quotas.
- Must have 3+ years in program or project management experience with an emphasis on data analysis.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience managing direct reports – preferably in career-track positions.
- Must be aware of labor laws concerning independent contractors and employees.
- Must be detail and task oriented with strong deadline management abilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be able to communicate in a timely and respectful manner.