Name: Business Boost: Employee Retention
Date: April 28, 2020
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM CDT
Registration: Register Now
The Keys to Employee Retention
Why do people stick with you as an employer? What are the factors that cause people to stay or leave? Do you have pockets of high turnover in your company? Do you have departments with no turnover? Understanding employee retention involves examining these questions and others as you work to develop strategies for hanging onto your top talent. In this session on the keys to employee retention, we’ll explore topics such as:
- Retention starts before the hire: recruiting and hiring right
- The top reasons why employees leave their jobs – and what you can do about it
- What do people want from their jobs? What the research on motivation and engagement tells us and how it should change the way we manage the work environment
- It’s all about the boss – retention is mostly about how employees are treated by their supervisors. Are your supervisors toxic to your retention goals?
- Conducting “Stay Interviews” and “Pulse” employee engagement surveys to give you early warning of trouble signs
Jeffrey Russell, co-director of Russell Consulting, Inc., specializes in helping companies successfully respond to the challenges of continuous change. With a focus on leadership development, strategic planning, change management, and performance coaching, Jeff has helped organizations as diverse as Fortune 500 firms, social and public sector organizations, and small family businesses achieve their goals. Jeff received his Masters Degree in Industrial Relations from the UW-Madison where he serves as an adjunct faculty member, teaching for the department of continuing education and professional studies, the Small Business Development Center, and the School of Engineering. Jeff is also an adjunct faculty member for UW-Milwaukee and UW-La Crosse.
Jeff is a past ATC presenter and a frequent presenter at local, national, and international conferences. Recent presentations include the International Conferences of the Association for Talent Development, the Jamaica Employers Federation Conventions, and Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Florida SHRM State conferences. Jeff and his life and business partner Linda have co-authored nine books. Recent titles include: Leading Change Training, Strategic Planning Training, Change Basics, Strategic Planning 101, Ultimate Performance Management, Engage Your Workforce, and Fearless Performance Reviews.
Thank you to our Platinum Sponsor:
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors:
Thank You to our Room Sponsor:
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by phone:
+1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 675 359 092